Emergency Dentistry – Altavista, VA
Fast & Reliable Emergency Dental Care
Dental emergencies can strike when a person is least expecting it. All of a sudden, you’ve tripped on the stairs and cracked a tooth, or biting down on a hard candy has left you with a severe pain that just isn’t going away. Whatever your circumstances are, Miller & Wolf Family Dentistry understands how important it is to find help fast when you’re uncomfortable and panicked. That’s why we offer emergency dentistry in record time for patients! Don’t hesitate to contact our dental office today for emergency dentistry in Altavista, VA.
Why Choose Miller & Wolf Family Dentistry for Emergency Dentistry?
- Dental Sedation Available
- Same-Day Emergency Appointments
- We Accept Dental Insurance
How We Handle Dental Emergencies
- Schedule Your Appointment: As soon as you notice any out-of-the-ordinary symptoms or oral pain, call our office immediately. We leave room in our schedule so we can see patients experiencing discomfort the same day, whenever appropriate.
- Examine Your Mouth: As soon as you arrive at our office, our team will kick into action determining the source of your pain. We’ll capture diagnostic images, if necessary, and conduct a thorough visual and physical examination of your teeth and gums.
- Plan Your Treatment: After we’ve diagnosed the problem, we’ll let you know what we’ve found and outline our recommended treatment plan. We’re also happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have!
- Execute Your Treatment: If you’re in severe discomfort or experiencing anxiety or fear, we may recommend dental sedation before we begin your procedure. We’ll work quickly to solve the issue and restore the health and function of your smile.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
We will make time as soon as possible to treat your urgent case if it happens during business hours, and after work, a member of our team will always be on call as well. Whether you’ve been a patient at our dental office for years or you’re brand-new, we want to provide you with the relief you need as soon as possible. But what actually counts as a dental emergency? Here are the most common cases we see:
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
The cost of your dental emergency appointment will depend on what treatment you require. After we’ve conducted a thorough examination of your teeth and gums, we’ll go over the procedures that we recommend getting your oral health back on the right track and get rid of your pain. We take pride in providing honest and transparent dentistry, so if you have any questions about the cost or details of your treatment, don’t hesitate to ask us.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
While you’ll never be able to protect your family from dental emergencies with a 100% success rate, here are some helpful tips that can minimize everyone’s risk over the years:
- Be careful when eating foods that are very sticky, hard, or chewy. Also, don’t chew on the ice in your drinks!
- Rely on scissors for help with opening packaging instead of your teeth.
- Always wear an oral appliance if you grind your teeth or if you participate in sports.
- Make sure to schedule regular checkups and cleanings! Our team is highly capable of catching problems when they’re still small, and we’ll be able to prevent them from becoming the dental emergencies of tomorrow.
Root canals are a very important service that can rescue badly injured or infected teeth from having to be extracted. One of our dentists will carefully access the affected tooth’s inner chamber, removing diseased pulp and infected nerves from within and replacing it with a similar, biocompatible substance. After the tooth has been thoroughly sealed, a custom-made restoration on top completes the process. Many patients go on to enjoy their revitalized teeth for the rest of their lives!
Tooth extractions are not a service that people are often excited about, and it’s certainly one that our team at Miller & Wolf Family Dentistry works hard to prevent in our patients each and every day. Unfortunately, it may sometimes be the right choice for protecting your oral health and your overall quality of life. For instance, the tooth may be too decayed to save with a less dire restorative service, or you’re in need of orthodontic treatment and a tooth must be removed to make space for the improvements.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Need a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Want to Enhance My Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I Have Pain in My Jaw View Our Services