Dental Implants – Altavista, VA
for Tooth Loss
The loss of your permanent teeth can be a devastating experience, not only for your oral health but for your self-esteem and overall quality of life as well. At Miller & Wolf Family Dentistry, our doctors and team members want to work with you as soon as possible to restore your smile to its former glory – and there’s no better option today than dental implants! Please contact us today to schedule your first appointment, or if you have any questions about modern, transformative dental implants in Altavista, VA.
Why Choose Miller & Wolf Family Dentistry
for Dental Implants?
- Partnered with Local Specialists for the Best Results
- Permanently Replace Any Number of Missing Teeth
- Insurance Accepted & Flexible Financing Options Available
What are Dental Implants?
Natural teeth are composed of two parts: the shiny white crowns you see when you smile and the hidden roots underneath the gums. Traditional tooth replacement services like bridges and dentures only replace the crowns of missing teeth. While these options are better than nothing, they tend to leave a lot to be desired in terms of longevity, comfort, and functionality. In contrast, dental implants recreate the entire structure of a missing tooth or teeth from crown to roots.
A dental implant is a small titanium post that can be inserted into the jawbone to replace the missing roots. Because this helps to stimulate the jawbone, choosing dental implants is ultimately better for your health and oral function over time! On top of the implant is a custom-made restoration that blends in seamlessly with your remaining teeth. Depending on your unique situation, this could be a crown, bridge, or denture. In the end, you get a smile that looks, feels, and functions just like natural!
The 4-Step Dental
- The Initial Consultation. During the initial consultation, our team will examine your mouth, take X-rays, speak with you about your medical history, and listen to any goals or specific needs you’d like to have met with dental implants. Based on all of this, we’ll be able to create a custom-tailored treatment plan for you.
- Dental Implant Placement. We typically refer patients out to a local specialist for dental implant placement to achieve the best possible results.
- Osseointegration & Abutment Placement. Once your implants have been placed, they’ll fuse with the jawbone through a process called osseointegration. Once that’s complete, you’ll come back in so we can attach small, metal connector pieces called abutments to your implant posts.
- Securing the Final Restoration. After we receive your final restoration from our dental laboratory, we’ll call you back in to secure it to your abutments.
- Easy maintenance: Caring for dental implants is as easy as practicing great oral hygiene! Just remember to brush, floss, and visit us for regular checkups.
- A permanent solution: Other tooth replacement options need to be replaced every five to ten years. Dental implants, on the other hand, can easily last 30 years. In fact, most patients can expect to enjoy their dental implants for a lifetime with the proper care!
- Truly lifelike results: Dental implants are practically indistinguishable from natural teeth in every way. You’ll be able to eat all your favorite foods and talk without worry. It’s extremely unlikely that anyone will be able to tell your dental implant(s) apart from the rest of your pearly whites. What’s more, dental implants are so comfortable and reliable, you may even forget that they’re there!
Implants Can Help
Dental implants can be used to support a number of custom restorations depending on how many teeth you’re missing. We offer several restoration options, including crowns, bridges, and implant dentures. Our doctors will be happy to help you determine which option is right for your unique smile needs.
Missing Single Tooth
For a single missing tooth, we can place one dental implant below the gumline that will secure a customized dental crown in the gap, restoring your complete arch of teeth.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Instead of needing to alter your existing teeth by placing a traditional bridge, we can secure one to two dental implants that we place at either end of the gap in your smile.
Missing All of Your Teeth
We can anchor a denture to anywhere from four to eight dental implants that we strategically place along your arch to eliminate any slipping or shifting.
Understanding the Cost
of Dental Implants
The dental implant procedure is custom-tailored to fit each patient’s unique needs, so there’s no singular price tag attached to it. If you’d like to learn how much it would cost for you to get dental implants, come in for a consultation so we can outline some important cost-determining factors, like how many implants you’ll need to have placed and what type of restoration you require. Then, we can walk you through financing options and insurance coverage details.